The School for Advanced Studies is a high-level academic program, created to meet the specific needs of highly able learners who require advanced learning beyond the core curriculum. Cross-curricular projects encourage students' synthesis of demanding academic concepts, and the school's core group of highly trained teachers and staff are committed to ensuring a nurturing and challenging academic and social environment.
SAS students are involved in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, including service and social clubs, sports and leadership. The program offers the integrated use of cutting-edge technology for projects and presentations, aiding students in the rigorous pursuit of higher-level critical analysis and scholastic achievement.
SAS Student Outcomes
- Continuous progress on ability and performance
- Accelerated student performance
- Development of independence and self-direction
- Acceleration in a discipline or across disciplines
- Increased use of technology for research and multi-media presentations
- Success in critical thinking and rigorous studies.