Roles & Responsibilities
There will be six distinct departments each tasked with specific Leadership activities. The responsibilities of each department are predetermined and based upon member's individual strengths and talents. A chairperson who is responsible for executing specific events will be chosen for each department. Although there are specific events expected of each department, this does not mean that department alone is responsible for putting on the whole event.
Service is based upon community engagement. They have 5 members and must manage:
- Drives: Blood, Food, Toy, Book, Clothing, Penny (etc.)
- Getting leftover breakfast in the classroom donated somewhere
- Teacher/Counselor/Administrator/Miscellaneous Faculty/Student appreciation
- Must have a member in Health Council and SSC
Fundraising is based upon school funds. They have 5 members and are responsible for the following functions:
- Concessions for sporting events
- Candy grams (December, February)
- Monthly movie nights (or every two months, voted on by the student body)
- Working directly with Jalos and ASB Treasurer
- Must have a member in SSC (School Site Council-focus on school funds) and SBM
Relations is based upon school spirit. They have 5 members and the following responsibilities:
- Spirit Fridays
- Monthly lunch dances
- Inclusive activities to engage the crowd
- Includes the promoting dances in the quad and overseeing ticket sales
- Spirit Week
- Sound system
- Maintenance and proper use during spirit fridays and sporting events
- Check in with Quarter Master
- Must have a member in the AP Committee and SSC
Health and Wellness:
Wellness is based upon school health. They have 5 members and the following expectations:
- All the health events: Wellness Fair, Sheik-A-Thon, Wellness Week, etc.
- Working with health clubs, the Wellness Center, and Peer Advocates
- Working with Fundraising to purchase healthy sellable items at sporting events
- Mental health/positive school enrichment
- Must have a member in Health Council and AP Committee
Marketing and Design:
Design is based upon school media. They have 5 members and are responsible for promoting Leadership activities by doing the following:
- Social media promotion
- Promotion of PAM performances, NMA/art showcases
- Advertise team tryouts ad PAM auditoriums
- Managing and updating the Leadership page (weekly) on the school website (must go through Dovlatian)
- Video production and editing for pep rallies (Historian)
- Must know the details of all other events and digitally promote them effectively.
- Must have a member in SBM and AP Committee
Affairs is based on global awareness. They have 5 members and are responsible for the following:
- Any International Days or Months with corresponding activities/social media promotions
- Any other student interest/needs (promposals and other last minute dealings)
- Ethnic and cultural fairs, promotions, and celebrations
- All administrative last minute assignments (WASC visitation stuff)
- Must have a member in SBM and the Health Council
Coordinators are tasked with specific large events including dances (homecoming and the spring dance), mixers, and random admin projects. They can borrow members from other departments who are interested in and willing to put on these events. Coordinators must be elected by the associated student body in a formal meeting.
Sports Coordinator (in Wellness):
- Responsible for communication with captains and advertising their games and tryout schedules
- Also responsible for promoting PowderPuff in all the girl’s and boy’s sports teams throughout the year as an extension of their season
- Operates under the Wellness Department
Club Coordinator (in Public Affairs):
- Responsible for communication with club presidents throughout the year, informing them of fundraising opportunities.
- Club rush
- Operates under the Department of Public Affairs
Homecoming/Winter Formal Coordinator (any department/officer):
- Responsible for the planning and production of the dance(s) and delegating the following tasks: finding and hiring vendors, releasing Homecoming/Formal Court applications, contacting police, purchasing and making decor, advertising, hiring a disk jockey, overseeing ticket sales, and getting paperwork completed in a timely manner.
- DJ operation
- Operates under the Marketing Department
Pep Rally Coordinator (any department/officer):
- Expected to complete the planning and execution of the pep rallies and delegating the following tasks: petitioning the allotted time for the assembly, recording and editing sports videos, taking photographs of sports, making sports posters, and assigning seats in the auditorium.
Mixer Coordinator (any department/officer):
- Duties include delegating the catering, activities, invitations, confirmations, and clearance.
Powderpuff Coordinator (any department/officer):
- Organizes teams, promotes event throughout the year, paperwork, practices, T shirt design, etc.
Quarter Master (any department/officer):
- Charged with all Leadership materials, including but not limited to:
- Sound System
- Paint and brushes
Media Manager/ Graphic Designer:
- Responsible for weekly updates to the leadership page (submitted to Dovlatian).
- Keeps up with all Leadership, sport, and club activities
- Designs or oversees design of tickets, social media promotions for all coordinated events
Class Representatives (everyone):
- Each Leadership student is a representative of their respective class (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior classes) and are responsible for being attentive to the needs of their age group and reporting any grievances in break out groups