Hollywood High School

WELCOME TO THE WORLD FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - HOME OF THE SHEIKS! Apply for lunch online at www.myschoolapps.com - Register for your Parent Portal account at parentportalapp.lausd.net to monitor your child's assignments and grades on Schoology. Remind students to use their ALEKS account to practice math and their AR and NewsELA account to practice reading and writing.
Enrollment Information » Enrollment Information

Enrollment Information

To register a new student at Hollywood High School, the parent or legal guardian of the student must present the following:
  • Verification of residence in the Hollywood High School area (for TCA students)
  • Proof of age
  • Immunization records (Tdap vaccine)
Students who are transferring from another LAUSD High School must present a Pupil Accounting Report from the high school from which they are transferring.
Special Education students should also present their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school at (323) 993-1700.
Academic Programs & Enrollment Process
Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for the Teaching Career Academy is now accepting on time applications until May 22, 2020. Please log on to https://apply.lausd.net/ and click on Open Enrollment to apply.

Enrollment Procedures during School Closures/Distance Learning


  • NOTE: This is only for enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year. Instructions are forthcoming for enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year.
  • Beginning Monday, April 20, 2020, families who call the district or SHHS division hotlines (213) 241-3840 will be routed to a dedicated enrollment team member from SHHS.



  • The website will provide information, procedures, and required documents for families to submit for enrollment.


  • Parents/caregivers who are seeking to enroll their children will be provided with instructions to create an LAUSD Parent Portal account. Once their account is created,parents will be able to upload required enrollment related documents and form securely within the Parent Portal.


  • SHHS will also assist families with enrollment if there are technology or connectivity issues, they can call the SHHS hotline (213) 241-3840.


  • For the electronic enrollment process, SHHS personnel will be notified when families upload documents into Parent Portal and will follow up with all families to provide support with the enrollment process.