Six Pillars of Character
- Be honest. Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal.
- Have integrity. Do what you say you’ll do.
- Keep your promises.
- Be loyal. Stand by your values.
- Follow the Golden Rule.
- Be accepting of differences.
- Be courteous to others.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.
- Be considerate of others’ feelings.
- Do what you are supposed to do. Try your best.
- Persevere. Keep on trying.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act. Consider the consequences.
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded. Listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others.
- Do your share to make your home, school, and community better.
- Stay informed. Vote.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Make choices that protect the safety and rights of others.
- Protect the environment.
Sourced from charactercounts.org.