All students should create an account at Desmos.com. You can't save a graph without an account. If they have a gmail account, they can log in with their G-mail account and password.
Log in before you get to work.
SAVE your graphs OFTEN.
Precalculus Desmos Art Project
Desmos Art Project
Algebra 1Linear EquationsMaking an A ProjectGraph a Box
Make a Three Dimensional Looking Box Using lines with restricted domains.
1. Start with making a 4 point rectangle..... then make another one offset up and to the right.
Connect the corners to give the art depth. You may need to find the equation of a line given two points to make the connection.GeometryAlgebra 2
Conic SectionsMr. Corneius's Lesson on Graphing Faces
FunctionsLinear Functions Project
Write the equation of a line passing through the points ( 2 , 8 ) and (6 , 2 )Linear Model Project
The following table lists values of x and y.
|Pupil ||A ||B ||C ||D ||E ||F ||G ||H ||I ||J |
|Math Score ||45 ||83 ||65 ||62 ||71 ||52 ||69 ||72 ||58 ||64 |
|Science Score ||39 ||80 ||59 ||60 ||65 ||54 ||65 ||67 ||56 ||64 |
1. Plot the points on desmos (see Scatterplot/Linear Regression
2. Use a calculator or online tool to find the line of best fit using least squares regression
3. Put the line of best fit on your graph
4. Use text boxes in desmos to describe
a. The meaning of the slope
b. The meaning of the y-interceptQuadratic Functions Project
St Louis Arch- McDonald's ArchesA Full McDonald's MealQuadratic Forms
1. Graph a parabola written in vertex form whose vertex is (-5,2) that passes through (-4,5)
2. Graph a parabola written in standard form whose vertex is (4,4) that passes through (0,0) [hint- it opens down]
3. Graph a parabola in factored form whose x intercepts are 4 and -2.Find a Quadratic Given Three Points
Curve Fitting Project 1
Graph the points (-2,16) (0 , 2 ) and ( 3, 4)
then use y=ax^2+bx+c to create a three by three system of equations. Solve for a, b, and c
Check your work on the applet: Applet
Polynomial Function Projects
1. Graph a polynomial that has roots of -3, 0 and 2--. Write it in full polynomial form and show that it is the same graph.
2. Graph a polynomial that has the following roots and multiplicities
Root: -3 Multiplicity 2
Root -1 Multiplicity 1
Root 2 Multiplicity 3
Root 4 Multiplicity 1
Rational Function ProjectsRational Example of holes and poles
1. Graph a rational expression that has vertical asymptotes at x=2 and x=-1 and a horizontal asymptote at y= 3
Exponential Growth: Compounding Interest
I invest $10,000 into a savings bond that provides 4% interest compounded monthly.
Model the story in Desmos. Change the window of your graph so I can see how much money you will make over 30 years. Show how much $ I will have in 10 years and how long it will take to double
Exponential Decay: Bouncy Ball
A bouncy ball is dropped from a height of 27 inches... It bounces up 2/3 of its original height after each bounce
Draw a graph to model the height of the ball at each bounce
Trig FunctionsBiorhythms DesmosSunrise, SunsetStatsScatterplot and Linear Regression
Transformation of Points