See New Media Academy students' Work-Based Learning experiences in action!
Use the menu bar to check out our Work-Based Learning photo album and student video!
The New Media Academy has an established advisory board president who meets regularly with the New Media Academy coordinator and staff to establish how he and our network of community partners can support meeting quarterly goals. The advisory board and community partners have supported NMA by doing the following:
- Provide industry professionals to advise on curriculum/project development
- Provide professional guest speakers and judges
- Arrange job shadows, internships, and mentorships
- Provide resources, facilities and donations for special activities
The New Media Academy has enjoyed an extremely positive response from community partners. They have provided encouraging and positive feedback for the unique educational experience we have been able to offer the students in our program. Our students have earned an excellent reputation over the years and they are repeatedly requested to participate in area events and projects.
In addition to the ever-expanding network of freelance professionals who have enjoyed working with the New Media Academy over the years, the following is a list of some of the relationships NMA has forged with local organizations and businesses:
- The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Los Angeles Community College
- KLCS: Public Broadcasting Service for Los Angeles
- House of Blues Music Forward Foundation
- Center for Powerful Schools
- Gigniks: Non-Profit Media Internship Organization
- American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater
- Sherry Lansing Foundation
- Junior Achievement
- ReVolt Entertainment
- Sony Image Works
- Youth Cinema Project
- Slant Promotions